Musings from the dogpound

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Baby clothes

A few months ago I was going through the boxes of baby clothes that my son and daughter had long since outgrown. At the time I was pregnant with number three, and since we didn't know whether we would be blessed with a boy or a girl, I was pulling out sleepers, onesies, and other things that could be used either way. I remember holding up the tiny outfits and marveling that my now 6.5 year old daughter and 3.5 year old son once wore such little garments. It didn't seem possible that either of them was ever that small, but they were, and I have the pictures to prove it. With great anticipation of our new ones arrival I washed and folded each item (okay, I even ironed some) and couldn't wait to see it on our new baby. Now here I sit, a mere 9 weeks after our sweet baby girl's arrival, facing the prospect of boxing some of those tiny outfits up again. Given that Bella was 22 inches long at birth it should come as no surprise that her 0-3 month clothes are already snug (okay, they've been snug for a couple of weeks, I've just been in denial). Still, there's something sad about already folding up part of her wardrobe and returning it to the boxes stored over our TV room. Call me crazy, but I'll shed a tear as I lovingly fold each little article of clothing and return it to storage. My husband will once again want to suggest that maybe we don't need to keep all of the clothes, but seeing my weepy state will keep quiet. He knows what my response would be: "we might be able to use them for number four", and deep down he knows that God willing, we will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home