Musings from the dogpound

Thursday, June 16, 2005

A three year old's mind...

I just received a call at work from my Mom, who watches my children. She said "I have a little boy here who wants to talk to you". Phillip then gets on the phone and we have the following conversation:

"Hi Momma"
"Hi Sweetie, how are you?"
"Good. Momma, 'member when Foster and Comet were puppies?"
"Yes Honey, I remember."
"When was dat?"
"Well, Foster was a puppy when you were a baby, and Comet was a puppy about a year ago."
"Oh, okay. Well I was wonderin', when 'dey gonna be puppies
agin?"

"Well Sweetie, puppies are kind of like babies, they grow up. So
Foster and Comet have grown up, they won't be puppies again."

"Oh, okay. See you later Momma, I wuv you." (Followed by kissing sounds as he handed the phone back to my Mom)

Glad I was able to clear that up for him!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger Edie said…

    Isn't it amazing that they can already reminisce at the ripe old age of three and a half?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home