Musings from the dogpound

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Happy birthday, dear hubby

Today is my dear hubby's birthday. It's hard to believe that the sweet faced 16 year old boy I fell in love with is turning 34. It seems like just yesterday that my heart would skip a beat at the very sight of him across the kitchen in the restaurant where we both worked. It's probably a good sign that it still skips a beat when he walks in the house at the end of the day. He is my best friend, the person with whom I would most like to just hang out. The sound of his voice on the other end of the phone when he calls from work just to say hi brings a smile to my face. While he likes to thump his chest and pretend that he's a tough guy, he's really a softie with a heart of gold. I'm lucky to have him for my husband, and my children are lucky to have him for their father.

Don't get me wrong. It's not always hearts and flowers. There are times when I'm screaming at him on the inside, but I seldom let the screams escape my lips. For all the times he irritates, annoys, and otherwise pisses me off beyond belief, there are one hundred more times that he brings me flowers or candles "just because", vacuums the house or does the laundry, fills my van with gas so I don't have to, cooks dinner, and just plain makes me laugh when I need it most. He is the love of my life.

For his birthday this year there was nothing that he wanted. I wracked my brain trying to come up with some gift to get him, but I came up empty. We had his party this past weekend, so tonight is just a homemade cake shared with the kids. I was going to buy him another card, but decided to write this instead. Happy birthday Robbie, I love you, and I hope this coming year is filled with love, laughter, and lots of good times.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger Frustrated Farmgirl said…

    Awww...you were high school sweethearts! What a great love note you wrote him for his b-day. I bet he loves it!
    Happy Birthday to him!

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy belated birthday to your hubby! I can't think of a better present to receive than a wonderful heartfelt tribute from the person you are spending your life with...

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger Bonfire said…

    i just randomly happened across your blog... this is so sweet :) i hope i can meet a man and fall in love like this! wish your husband a happy birthday :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home