Musings from the dogpound

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Go figure

So much for going to the beach tomorrow. Our local beach has tested positive for high levels of fecal bacteria, apparently caused by a large number of ducks nesting near the beach. While local officials are quick to assure us that the bacteria is not fatal to humans, it can cause a condition known as "duck itch" (seriously, that's what they call it) which must be treated with medication. Since going to the beach just to spend the day yelling at the kids to "stay out of the water" doesn't appeal to me I guess we'll just stay away. I guess it could be worse, I could be paying $225 a night to stay in a motel in the area so I could lounge on the beach. Damned ducks.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Edie said…

    Yes, I'm thinking that's probably not the "scientific" name for it - either way, ewwwww!

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL..."duck itch"...I hope you can go to the beach soon. We don't even have beaches. Well, we do, but they are lame.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home