Musings from the dogpound

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Kylie at seven

Seven candles on her cake,
Birthday wishes she will make.
How have we gone through seven years?
With countless kisses, hugs, and tears.
From baby girl, to dancing queen,
Most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
Determined, tenacious, persistent, discerning,
The girl has no patience, but slowly she's learning.
One minute a toddler in head banging rage,
The next a young girl, in the turn of a page.
With constant amazement I watch her mature,
Serenaded by giggles and joy that is pure.
Bushy the lion is still her best friend,
Her affection for him never will end.
A beautiful smile that lights up the place,
Big baby blues that dance in her face.
She is constant motion, she never slows down,
Always dancing, and spinning, and whirling around.
Slow down my sweet girl, you're growing too fast,
A constant reminder that babies don't last.
My first baby to hold, to rock, and to love,
My first precious gift, from heaven above.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday, Kylie!

    Sniff sniff, great poem Edie.

     
  • At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have always loved your poems Edie. I can't believe your baby is 7! Happy Birthday Kylie!

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger Edie said…

    Thank you all and welcome Vashti!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home