Musings from the dogpound

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

"Phillipisms"

Phillip at 4......

  • Upon entering the bathroom at the house of our friends (it was a little cluttered and messy): "Hmph, I can see that they don't clean their bathroom!"
  • His thoughts on our friend's baby: "Momma, their baby is so cute...she's not as cute as my baby though!"
  • Upon discovering there was no coffee to be had one morning: **smacks his forehead with the palm of his hand** "That's it, I'm going back to bed..." and heads for the stairs.
  • Three days after my Dad's surgery when the nurse came in to his room and hooked him up to do an EKG while we were visiting: "Momma, when's Poppa gonna light up?"
  • Said while playing with Bella: "I love my baby Momma, but if you don't mind I would like a little brother next time."
  • Recently when we went to pick Kylie up from my brother & sister-in-law's house: "Well, well, well, just look who's here with Aunt Brenda, it's Uncle Boyd!"
  • The other day in the van on the way home from my parents house (said to Kylie following negotiations on what they were going to play when we got home): "Okay Kylie, so we're going to play in the tent and pretend we're camping - are we clear about that?"
  • Hollered from the bathtub one night: "Momma, Momma, come here quick! There's something under my tinkler and it has balls in it!"
  • Hollered from the bathroom one morning: "Hey Momma, my tinkler's growing!"
  • Said to my Dad when he wasn't getting his way: "Poppa, are you trying to make me angry?"
  • His thoughts on birth order: "I'm mad at you that you didn't get me out of your tummy before Kylie. Why did she get to come out first?"
  • Last week he told me he wanted to be a builder when he grew up. He then proceeded to ask me if he had to exercise to be a builder, and I told him that was probably a good idea because it would help him to be strong. He proceeded to start flexing his muscles and striking different poses. When I asked him what he was doing he said (very matter of factly) "I'm doing my 'Fitness Made Simple' with John Basedow for exercise." (I'm not sure if anyone has seen those commercials, but they run here all the time. While he may not be the ideal target market, obviously Phillip has been paying attention!)

No doubt about it, Phillip keeps me laughing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home