Musings from the dogpound

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Phillip at four

Tonka trucks and Matchbox cars,
Four short years and two small scars.
Hammers, nails, level, and square,
Twinkling blue eyes, curly blond hair.
Dump trucks, backhoes, dirty-faced kisses,
A mischievous grin, little boy wishes.
Giggles that lead to fits of delight,
Extra tight hugs and kisses goodnight.
Phillip is four and a joy to behold,
Although he doesn't always do as he's told.
Discovering the joys of being a guy,
Lately he likes to give burping a try.
"'Scuse me", he'll say, "but I just burped twice",
"Aren't you going to tell me my manners are nice?"
A little old man in the shape of a boy,
I'm blessed to count him as one of my joys.
Four years already, the days go too fast,
And like all good things I know this time won't last.
So for now I will treasure these little boy things,
Before they all slip away on time's golden wings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home