Musings from the dogpound

Monday, August 22, 2005

Gloomy Me

A few weeks ago when my boss was on vacation I brought Kylie to work with me for the day. My sister's office is directly across the street from mine, so after spending some time with me Kylie went over to visit her aunt. Following that we all went to lunch, which was preceded by a little shopping (we work within walking distance of what is arguably one of the best shopping areas in the state). My sister wanted to buy something for Ky, so we went to a neat little toy store. It was no big surprise that we ended up in the stuffed animal section, where we found this guy:



His name is "Galoompagalots Glus", but I suggested he be called "Gloomy Gus" for short. I convinced my sister that he was the perfect addition to her office and that she just had to have him. She left the store with Gloomy Gus in tow.

Today I was a little down when I came in to work. Robbie and I took last week off and it was tough to get back into the swing of things this morning. As much as I appreciate the fact that I have a wonderful job and I only have to be here two and a half days a week, it is still hard to leave the kids (even if it is with my parents who spoil them rotten the whole time I'm gone). I was having a tough time finding a smile until the elevator door opened and I saw this sitting in my chair:



His name is Galoompagalots Podge (Gloomy Podge), and he made me smile. My sister is awesome.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The best smiles are those unexpected ones. I am glad you have such a thoughtful sister.

    I have tagged you for another meme. I hope you want to play along. See my blog for details.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home