Musings from the dogpound

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The idiosyncrasies of me

I'm it, I'm it!!! I have been tagged by my friend Mopsy to share some of my idiosyncrasies...feel free to laugh at and/or with me!


  1. When I'm driving, the thermostat in the van has to be set on an even number. I seldom notice what it is set on when my dear hubby is driving, (unless he's freezing me out, which come to think of it happens quite frequently), but I always have it set on an even number.
  2. When Rob is traveling I will leave the TV in the bedroom on all night. I hate waking up alone in a dark, quiet room. I much prefer waking up at 2:30 a.m. to the witty banter of Sam and Diane from Cheers, or Jack and Janet from Three's Company (thank goodness for TV Land and Nick at Night!!).
  3. The toilet paper must roll off the top of the roll, not the bottom. I cannot stand toilet paper that rolls from the underside of the roll, and I have been known to change it when I find it that way in other people's houses (how rude of me!). My Mom now puts it on "upside down" just to irritate me, then laughs at me when I change it. (This also applies to paper towels.)
  4. Wrinkled clothes drive me nuts. I iron pretty much everything. Rob teases that I would iron our underwear if I could get away with it. What chance did I have, growing up with a mother that ironed my dad's handkerchiefs ("But Mom, he's going to blow his nose on that!")?
  5. Clutter stresses me out. The only thing on my kitchen counters is the microwave. The coffee maker, toaster, sugar and flour canisters, all those things live in the closet and sit on the counter only when they are in use. I went to one of Kylie's friends houses one day and the kitchen counters were covered with things, as was the top of the refrigerator - I almost hyperventilated.
  6. The toilet seat and lid both must be closed (fortunately Rob agrees with this one). I hate going into the bathroom and looking into the toilet, I don't care how clean it is. We've had builders at our house for the last two months, and when we're not home they use the bathroom. I don't mind at all, except they leave the lid (and sometimes the seat) up. Wouldn't you think they would leave it the way they found it?

Okay there's more, but I've probably already shared too much! I would gladly tag someone else for this, but I only have a few blogging friends and they're already playing.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL! I love reading everyone's quirks. Your mom sounds like a character, too. I used to make fun of my mom for folding my dad's underwear. Guess what I find myself doing once a week.....

    I was thinking you ladies could tag the other SP moms who are total blog slackers. I'm not naming names...

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wish someone could teach (train) me how to keep surfaces clutter free. It's a big problem for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home